Website Queens University
People from across Canada and around the world come to learn, teach and conduct research at Queen’s University. The Custodial Services Team in Physical Plant Services (PPS) supports their success by providing a clean, safe, and healthy environment. But that is not all! The Custodial Services Team plays an important role as ambassadors for the university. Their daily contact with students, faculty, staff and visitors helps the university to be a welcoming and friendly place.
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment in and near assigned buildings.
- Strip, seal and wax, and spray buff floors.
- Clean and sanitize washrooms, fixtures and fittings.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets and upholstery.
- Sweep, dust-mop and damp-mop all floor surfaces.
- Collect garbage; clean glass, walls, and blackboards.
- Move furniture; lock and unlock buildings.
- Operate a variety of floor machinery.
- Shovel snow from entrances and steps.
Qualification & Experience:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent with the ability to read and write in English.
- Willingness and ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Mechanical skills to clean and set-up equipment like a floor cleaning machine.
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment that respects the point of view of others.
- Willingness and ability to work with people at all levels (e.g., front line staff, managers, senior administrators, etc.).
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must be physically capable of performing the above-noted duties.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A