Website Public Service
The Public Service Commission’s (PSC) Information Technology group has 110 employees and supports the organization’s mandate in developing custom solutions, providing infrastructure, as well as ensuring high-quality corporate management standards and client services. We have more than twenty in-house applications currently in the process of being re-written and rationalized. In addition, we are currently shifting our operations to cloud-based application deployment and open standards.
- Examine the state of the industry to adapt best practices and innovative technologies to the context of the PSC.
- Influence the future direction of ITSD
- Chance to develop new skills and competencies
- Ensure alignment between IT activities and accepted standards. Enterprise Architecture often helps other areas of the organization in verifying compliance.
- Innovate in how digital services are provided
- Career development and learning opportunity
- Work with business clients to identify business requirements and solutions that can be used by all areas of the organization.
- Conduct high-level analysis, examining complex problems and formulating recommendations on how to resolve them.
- Experience in client consultation (session facilitation, stakeholder interviews, surveys, focus groups, etc.) and subsequent analysis.
- Thinking things through
- Showing initiative and being action oriented
- Experience working in the field of Enterprise Architecture
- Experience in business analysis, facilitation, process modeling, as well as business requirements gathering and documentation
- Experience in providing IM/IT advice and guidance to those responsible for making technological decisions.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Working effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Experience in working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team on a complex IM/IT Project
- Experience in two or more IM/IT fields such as application development, infrastructure maintenance, IT security, corporate IT management, information management, database administration, etc.
- Ability to analyze a problem and formulate recommendations
Company: Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gatineau, Québec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A