Associate Managers allocate resources to deliverables and projects based on their expertise, experience and workload. Serves as advisor regarding tasks, projects and deliverables. Resolves complex problems of diverse scope and overcomes obstacles through in-depth evaluation and financial analysis of various factors to identify, assess, and mitigate potential risk. Interprets and uses broadly defined company and department practices and policies to select methods and techniques to obtain results. Acts as primary client contact. Builds and maintains strategic partnerships with both internal and external customers at various management levels in order to meet client expectations. When needed, becomes actively involved in daily operations by taking on deliverables.
- Coordinates timely collection of data for proposal and budget development in response to Requests for Proposal, including possible oversight of completion by other analysts on the commercial team. Prepares accurate bids and proposals that conform to PPD contract requirements and meet client needs; applies quality control procedures to ensure proposals conform to departmental standards. Gathers and analyzes data for proposals and contract modifications and tracks revisions on a timely basis.
- Attends client meetings and teleconferences to defend PPD proposals prior to project award, negotiate pricing or contracts post-award, or to maintain and improve processes and relationships.
- Evaluates current systems and makes recommendations to assure high quality proposals and contract modifications.
- Manages a team of professionals, including mentoring, training and development, and coaching. Hires staff and leads interviewing panel.
- Conducts formal employee performance management reviews, career development and succession planning. Reviews and analyzes deliverable text and budget to ensure it incorporates metrics, client expectations and other benchmarks. Approves quality deliverables that conform to PPD contract requirements and meet client needs; applies quality control procedures. Ensures deliverables are completed on a timely basis.
- Communicates financial concepts and associated calculations and analysis.
- Manages resource allocation and prioritization of team deliverables.
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software specifically Word and Excel (e.g. creating pivot tables/charts, formulas, etc.)
- Ability to identify and anticipate potential problems and take pro-active action utilizing appropriate escalation channels
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to present and articulate business topics to all levels internally and externally up to and including Executive Leadership
- Strong understanding of and ability to communicate financial concepts and associated calculations and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative efforts within the project team to meet clients’ requirements for proposal and budget development and successful budget negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate multiple factors, analyze complex data and perform complex financial analysis and risk assessment and mitigation
- Ability to train, mentor, and provide leadership to staff while maintaining own deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an account leads – including participation and/or leadership of client meetings and teleconferences and trackers. May be dedicated client contact
- Expert knowledge and understanding of contractual documents
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple deliverables with firm deadlines and multiple competing priorities without jeopardizing quality in a high-pressure environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A