The Category Lead is accountable for strategy, project management and execution of the Category Objectives and responsible for organizing cross functional team resources in such a way as to focus externally on the primary Labels and Packaging suppliers. .
- Develop and execute category management strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders across the entire vendor lifecycle; inclusive of sourcing, contracting, planning, quality engineering and vendor management.
- Lead, manage and support cross functional teams throughout the sourcing, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Partner with the business to build influence, evaluate and challenge the status quo. Identify and obtains buy-in for category strategies
- Perform category management including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management.
- Provide sourcing category expertise for relevant products and services
- Complete sourcing and procurement analysis based on rigorous analysis of spend data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business requirements
- Execute strategic sourcing projects using standardized sourcing and procurement processes to deliver exceptional total value in partnership with key stakeholders across the business
- Establish and manage the governance processes with key suppliers and outsourced partners for categories in scope
- Implement strategies to best manage the supply base for categories in scope, reviewing suppliers against contracted obligations/service levels, risk requirements & business expectations
- Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance and develop new capabilities
- Provide feedback on supplier performance, seek continuous improvement and innovation
- Pharmaceutical or manufacturing experience and demonstrated technical skills exhibited in a cGMP environment.
- The strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent
- A consistent track record of delivering business impact in a complex corporate environment
- The vision and implementation skills required to drive spend management excellence in complex categories
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, business acumen, influencing skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are also critical
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to manage issues to resolution
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Combination of management consulting & line role experience desired
Qualification & Experience:
- BS/BA degree with relevant discipline
- MBA and other relevant degree /certification highly desirable.
- 5+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience demonstrating success in positions of increasing complexity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A