As Social Media Manager, Community Activism, you’ll have the chance to drive climate action, engage in public policy conversation, celebrate product activism and drive business thought leadership on a global scale. You’ll collaborate with our storytelling teams and work with cross functional partners to plan, create and execute social media content. You’ll engage with our values-aligned communities daily. You’ll find innovative ways to create brand energy and increase Patagonia’s visibility in social media. You’ll bring our climate, product and business activism content strategies to life and spur our community to action when necessary.
- Partner with the greater Digital Impact Team and PR & Comms team to align advocacy and activism efforts across Social, CRM, Paid, and SMS as necessary
- Maintain and execute Patagonia’s social media content calendar for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Find emerging tactics and innovative ways to bring our content to life that cuts thru the clutter in social media
- Work with Digital Operations and the Creative Studio to brief in and realize creative needs
- Track and report social media performance indicators and develop and propose strategy recommendations accordingly
- Leverage social media monitoring tools – native and 3rd party – to monitor social media conversation and find opportunities to actively engage with our audience
- Consult with regional stakeholders on best practices and act as the community activism subject matter expert
- Partner with the Social Media Manager, Community Storytelling to cross promote stories and calls-to-action across a variety of social media platforms
- Establish strategy and tactics to engage in conversations in Reddit threads and FB groups (and elsewhere) when opportunity arises
- Establish new performance benchmarks
- Maintain brand voice, tone and consistency under pressure
- Preferred professional background in digital marketing, communications, public affairs, environmental advocacy and/or political campaigns
- Ability to work late and on weekends in response to the news cycle when necessary
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Experience with web analytic software such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and UTM tracking codes
- Strong Excel skills (Tableau a plus)
- Preferred familiarity and strategic experience with digital advocacy tools such as Phone2Action, EveryAction, Mobilize, etc.
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong experience in Khoros, Sprout, or other leading Social Media Management and Listening Tools
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A