We’re in business to save our home planet, and you’re developing the future of business leadership. In support of the Store General Manager, you recruit, coordinate, motivate and lead a team in one of Patagonia’s retail stores. You operate a well-tuned machine, plan and schedule to meet financial targets and maintain your store as a hub for environmental activism, sport and positive vibes. By developing your Retail Team Leaders, you ensure that our customer service experience is consistent, warm, aligned with Patagonia’s core values and best-in-class. You act as an ambassador for Patagonia in your store and community and have goals to expand your leadership.
- You engage, elevate and partner with grassroots nonprofit organizations through retail grants and other partnerships, including events, product donations and activism activities.
- You have a keen eye for the look and feel of your store and know that powerful visual merchandising, good habits, store cleanliness and maintenance all support a strong business.
- You encourage staff conversation, innovation and education about environmental issues.
- You instill in your employees the importance of customer service and that the retail experience is where the brand comes to life.
- You foster a seamless customer experience by making every effort to find merchandise across Patagonia’s sales channels if an item is not in stock in your store.
- You train and empower Team Leaders to make decisions and coach staff based on Patagonia’s values, use their best judgment and act generously in all customer service matters.
- By hosting events, using social media and marketing tools, and elevating campaigns, you connect your community to important environmental and social issues.
- In conjunction with your Store General Manager, you strategize to meet expense and profit goals for the store.
- You operate an environmentally responsible business by recycling, conserving energy and using alternative modes of transportation.
- You spend significant time on the sales floor and lead by example.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking and store merchandising.
- Continually able to walk up and down a staircase carrying boxes, products and other necessary items.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A