Patagonia is looking for an experienced, compassionate, highly motivated individual to assist in all areas of Safety & Security. This is a new role that must embody Patagonia’s unique culture and demonstrate an open and inclusive approach to making sure everyone who has contact with Patagonia feels safe and welcome. Success will require a demonstrated commitment to ensuring Patagonia consistently offers a just and equitable work environment, whether on site at the Ventura locations or while working remotely.
- Monitors & patrols multiple sites on foot and/or bicycle, checks for unsafe conditions, hazards etc.
- Responds to incidents of work-related injury, medical emergency, fire, threats, suspicious activity etc…
- Observes and reports activities and incidents.
- Controls & monitors access into all buildings.
- Prepares accurate logs and reports as needed.
- Works closely with other security personnel, management, employees & visitors.
- Learn and understand basic OSHA and Fire laws.
- More specific duties will be discussed during interview process.
- Passionate- in creating an inclusive and safe work environment.
- Adaptable-able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Influential-able to communicate and act through complicated and potentially tense situations.
- Proactive-demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Service-minded- excellent service and support skills to all people.
- Motivated- always seeking self-improvement.
- Self-reflective- Acknowledge own’s experience and experiences of other. Adjusts behaviors for success in an inclusive workplace.
- Inclusive- Experience working with groups across difference in respectful and equitable ways.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years combined experience in physical security, law enforcement, military, community outreach, customer service and/or emergency response coordination.
- Be at least 21 years of age with at least a high school education or equivalent (GED).
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial justice and equity.
- Actively works towards creating a welcoming, respectful and inclusive environment for all members of Patagonia’s community.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of personnel, co-workers and the public in a professional and effective manner.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong sense of Integrity, Professionalism and understanding of Confidentiality.
- Desire and capacity to lead thinking and execution at a strategic as well as operational level.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with everyone and use those relationships to execute business strategy.
- Flexibly; adaptability; ability to act quickly in an emergency and make sound judgement calls.
- Effective project management and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with and embrace and lead through change and prioritize the needs of the business.
- Ability to pass a criminal records check.
- Ability to obtain a State of California BSIS (Bureau of Security & Investigative Services) Guard Card.
- Ability to pass and maintain 1st Aid, CPR & AED certifications.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Barbara, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A