As the Product Category Manager you will be accountable for leading the existing Provisions Protein Product Line. This includes participation in developing, launching, and managing new protein products in market; supporting development of strategic growth plans and leading annual operating plans for the Protein product category; management and delivery of the Protein P&L, and leveraging brand equities across product, packaging, positioning, customer, and consumer programs. This is a highly cross functional role where you will be working closely with key functions such a QA/QC, marketing, sales and finance to bring products from ideation to market.
- Responsible for maintaining the following existing products and ‘go to market’ management of approved line-extensions and new pre-approved products within the following assigned categories, their co-pack relationships and coordination with internal Provisions Operations:
- Tinned Seafood existing and Line-extension
- Meat Sticks – New Venison + Buffalo sticks
- Salmon – Pink and Sockeye – retort and frozen program
- Buffalo – Jerky and launch new frozen program
- Fish Jerky – new product to Launch Fy23
- Maintenance of existing and development of new, ‘go to market content decks’ for each product – what, why, market overview, sourcing information, relevant additional storytelling information, pricing SRP analysis
- Responsible for launch calendar and tracking projects to stay on track and provide time integrated plans for product introduction or alterations in assigned categories.
- Coordinate with marketing and production partners on existing product packaging updates + new label development for new product in categories assigned.
- Identification of new potential line-extension capabilities with existing co-pack relations to inform R+D
- Research with Sourcing Manager social + enviro assessments that apply to categories managed where necessary
- In coordination with sales channels, responsible for conducting market research for on-going SRP/pricing evaluation in categories assigned.
- End-to-end product innovation experience – from identification of consumer needs, development and commercialization of solutions that solve those problems.
- Proven track record of increasing responsibility, strong relationship management and ability to focus on large strategic priorities while maintaining focus on the details.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Able to effectively prioritize workload and work independently in a startup environment.
- Experience working with fish and meat products and bringing them to market.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A