Family Care includes the Bounty, Charmin, and Puffs paper product brands with a large installed base of converting lines across the United States. The business has committed to use Platform Management systems to maintain standardization, migrate to standardized equipment, and has re-platformed portions of the fleet. This role leads the technical development and Platform Management of specific Features on converting lines that produce Bounty and Charmin and sets the strategic direction of the engineering work in those areas. Responsibilities will include multiple projects from a broad portfolio including technology developments, brand initiatives, cost savings projects, and continuous improvement activities.
- Lead and participate in executing equipment improvement and standardization projects working with site and initiatives engineering organizations.
- Build capability in the manufacturing and technical communities, training those who interface with or use platform equipment.
- Lead equipment platform management and drive performance and innovation plans including version management for features on the Family Care converting lines.
- Early Involvement in upstream technology development leveraging standardization and use of platform design, converting equipment systems, and equipment standards targeting Brand initiatives, savings, and capacity growth.
- Partner with Operating Platform Team Leadership to ensure technical deliverables are supplied using platform systems.
- Partner with innovation resources and/or OEM vendors to develop and maintain the specifications for the converting modules including overall machine design, change parts, drawings, TT&T, CBA’s, etc. Deliver the platform equipment scope to support initiatives and capacity project success.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to proactively influence project direction, gain enrollment and alignment of other functional groups & key stakeholders.
- Capable to work effectively with others, manage interfaces and influence across organizations, functions, cultures, and regions.
- Strong technical background and understanding of design principles for converting, mechanical, and process equipment including, but not limited to unwinding, rewinding, web handling, fluid application, material handling.
- Technical understanding of manufacturing interaction between materials and equipment systems, i.e. process transformations or phenomenon including, but not limited to, the impact of raw material quality on equipment performance and the impact of equipment design on product design requirements.
- Process skills to turn product and material requirements into equipment solutions.
- An innovator who has demonstrated the capability to generate “outside the box” or creative solutions.
- Familiarity or direct experience with platform management principles, processes, and systems.
- Experience with Platform Equipment Change Management (ECM), SPIDER/Siemens Teamcenter, and version management systems is a plus.
- Ability to lead development of equipment base package deliverables.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A