OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. Curo Claims Services is an independent adjusting company providing claims services for members of OTIP/RAEO Insurance Brokers Inc. We’re looking for someone to join our team as an:
- Reviews and determines contractual coverage obligations for Statutory accident benefits or Bodily Injury claims by gathering information from insured members, health practitioners, employers, police, claimant’s lawyers, accountants, and other insurers or programs with income continuation plans relating to minor claims.
- Maintains quality service and adheres to organizational standards to deal with all aspects of file handling including reserving, expense and loss control, questionable claims, and creating defined disposition plans for future handling leading to file closure.
- Delivers a superior customer experience which includes responding to all general inquires, initiating and maintain contact with insured members, and assists with commodity claims overflow.
- Coordinates, directs and follows up on work activities performed by outside contractors, experts and service providers to completion.
- Responsible for confirming coverage for incoming claims by reviewing and compiling facts, obtaining technical reports from various parties as required, investigating questionable claims, reviewing case law to determine liability, completing contractual auto and property coverage analysis and assessing quantum, reviewing subrogation opportunities, negotiating and resolving all-lines of personal insurance claims of minor to moderate nature in a timely manner.
- Responsible to ensure all correspondence is completed in a time efficient/effective manner including the creation of Critical Path, Proof of Loss, waivers and reservation rights letters.
- A post-secondary education and/or college diploma within related field
- CIP designation or working towards designation.
- An All-Lines Adjuster’s license in Ontario and Alberta (Level 1 minimum).
- 2+ years’ experience with a good understanding of both Ontario and Alberta in all-lines claims handling.
- Experience and knowledge in injury claims medical rehabilitation concepts and medical terminology is preferred.>/p>
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
- Current Microsoft Office working knowledge
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A