Website Office Depot
The Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for collaborating with the Merchant Team(s) to understand multiple product and category strategies for National Brand /Private Brand in all channels (National Brand Direct Import and National Brand Domestic). They will then develop sourcing and supplier strategies for assigned categories and ensure strategic execution and delivery on these strategies to ensure an increase in sales and margin growth. The Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager will partner with Channel Merchants, Product Development and Supply Chain to execute on best in class product sourcing processes and strategies to ensure Office Depot is developing and delivering quality products, manufactured at the best cost to the appropriate specs that meet and exceed our product and brand strategy and standards. This role requires expertise in strategy development and execution, supplier assessment and selection, strong negotiation skills in complex negotiations utilizing multiple negotiating levers, and product manufacturing/costing.
- Develops strategic sourcing briefs to communicate the category strategy overview, sourcing strategy and specific product and supplier requirements and specifications, costs, margin targets, targeted retail, brand, etc…
- Holds weekly team meetings and merchant meetings to review active project status, pipeline projects, & new opportunities. Reports out monthly to the Director and Quarterly to the merchant team in regards to how we are tracking to our annual margin targets by category.
- Execute all steps of the strategic sourcing process including detailed tasks, system management, product costs, vendor selection, timelines, etc…
- Partner with cross functional teams (merchants, supply chain, Merchandising Operations, Creative, legal, Marketing, etc…) to ensure product development, sourcing and operational execution for all NB programs.
- Develop negotiation strategies for all NB suppliers utilizing all negotiation levers to deliver on cost savings targets for assigned categories.
- Develop and implement the strategic category sourcing strategies that support the merchant strategies to ensure an increase in PB sales, penetration and margin within their assigned categories.
Qualification & Experience:
- Type of Experience: Merchandising, Global Sourcing, Product Development, Program Management, Retail Experience, Consumer Goods
- Experience, Manufacturing
- Years of Experience: Minimum 7 Years’ Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A