Website Norfolk Southern
Oversees the safe, efficient, on-time, and economical operation of the terminal and surrounding road territories while ensuring that all employees, equipment and freight are protected from injury or damage.
- Establishes good relationships with customers and foreign line railroads, providing timely switching service and interchange, and proactively monitoring operations.
- Requires familiarity with labor agreements and is responsible for managing effective working relationships with subordinates and employees from all operating departments.
- Ensures effective cost control by planning and assigning work to achieve optimum productivity.
- Requires extensive knowledge of safety and operating rules, train operations, terminal operations, FRA regulations, HazMat, and corporate policies, as well as Thoroughbred Yard Enterprise System (TYES), crew call, and other computer applications.
- Ensures compliance with safety and operating rules and implements operating practices that protect safety of operations.
- Decision Making
- Sr. Terminal Manager
- Crewcall System
- Sr. Road Manager
- Manager Train Operations
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Level: 1-2 years Preferred Level: 3-5 year
- Preferred Level: Bachelor’s Degree (BS)
Company: Norfolk Southern
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roanoke, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A