Website Norfolk Southern
The AI and Data Science team is a centralized team that works with various product teams across business units to define high-impact business problems, solve them using novel techniques, and execute and monitor them throughout their lifecycle. Most of our models make it to production and never sit in a research lab. However, we also do quite a bit of research to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies/algorithms.
- Effectively utilize appropriate statistical, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Computer Vision models and techniques to solve various business problems.
- Deliver advanced machine learning models to provide insights within the organization that lead to fact-based decision making.
- Collaborate with various departments to identify opportunities for process improvement and developing analytics use-cases.
- Work cross-functionally with other IT managers to implement models in production environment
- Manage Data Scientist team and multiple projects concurrently.
- Remain up to date with the latest models and changes in the technology.
- Communicate results to colleagues, business partners, and senior management.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and/or R,
- Knowledge of Spark (PySpark)
- Expertise with Time Series problems
- Hands-on and theoretical knowledge of various Machine Learning algorithms for regression, classification, clustering, and knowledge of various
- Deep Learning algorithms and frameworks for Localization, Segmentation, Object Detection, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant industry experience (as a Senior/Lead Data Scientist, Senior Research Scientist, Senior Machine Learning Engineer, etc.), 5+ preferred.
- Experience in leading/managing direct reports and projects
Company: Norfolk Southern
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macon, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A