As a Maintenance Technician 3 you will train/lead the execution of our preventative maintenance program, as well as the troubleshooting and diagnostics repairs of the building and material handling systems. You will support the Operations team by designing maintenance solutions for difficult problems and managing maintenance projects. The Maintenance Tech 3 will train and mentor service technicians to accomplish building and department goals.
- Working Knowledge of a work order system
- Maintain a positive working relationship across the Nordstrom Operations facility, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior operations leaders
- Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used
- Safely operate equipment: forklifts, scissor and boom lifts, hand tools, and energy management equipment to perform system support tasks as required.
- Act as a safety champion and promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Maintain and troubleshoot basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components– photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders.
- Responsible for daily communication of all pertinent information regarding equipment operation and maintenance to departmental management and other maintenance teams
- Diagnose, using test equipment, electrical and electronic control systems and other related equipment, devices or components
- Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all aspects of material handling systems & conveyors (such as motor/ reducer issues, belt tracker, belt lacing
- Ability to use technology such as smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of operation and repair of material handling equipment.
- Basic knowledge of controls systems & PLC’s. (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Robotic knowledge – (preferred)
- At least 5+ years of experience with conveyors, electrical systems, & building maintenance
- An Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of power tools, pneumatic, or hydraulic tools.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubuque, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A