The Production Planning Lead is responsible for managing volume and workflow of a Fulfillment Center (FC) from the site location, in order to meet SLA and productivity efficiency requirements. This leader needs to be able to understand a complex technical operation, and focus/prioritize building efforts around most critical priorities while maintaining balance between various processing areas. This leader should also own regular reviews and updates regarding operational status and plan actualization, in addition to coaching building leaders through the importance of total building flow concepts.
- Manage JWN Fulfillment Center (FC) customer shipment workflows using automated tools and web platforms.
- Maintain constant and proactive virtual communication with FC Operations leaders regarding shipment workflow status.
- Execute and develop shift production and staffing plans based on FC Operational requirements and adjust in real-time as variables change.
- Trial new tools and systems and provide feedback on functionality, while gathering FC Operations feedback.
- Collaborate and provide liaison support with enterprise planning teams to provide inputs on risk mitigation in the event of unplanned disruptions.
- Act as an advisor to FC Operations, Maintenance and Support leaders and provide recommendations and guidance to ensure the maintenance of a strong partnership and achievement of common goals: delivering for customers and stores.
- Drive risk management strategies for Fulfillment Centers to ensure Service Level Agreements for customer shipments are met.
- Responsible for pre-planning, risk management and postmortem reporting of performance.
- Potential to lead a small team (4-6 team members) of hourly/clerical headcount to support waving and scheduling activity.
- College degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience as a department or operations lead in a distribution/fulfillment or other light industrial environment.
- Expertise in SQL and VBA, Excel Macro creation and modification
- Experience in Anaplan and Tableau a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and stressful situations with minimal management oversight
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to coordinate multi-department operational decisions.
- Ability to work well in a team environment remotely and as an advisor
- Key performance indicator (KPI) reporting experience in operations
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment
- Ability to understand details of inbound and/or outbound shift plans for multiple Fulfillment Centers
- Ability to grasp complex system settings for single and multiple item order fulfillment
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate detailed technical issues
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Iowa City, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A