Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Facilities, Test & Manufacturing Directorate is currently seeking a Data and Systems Technical Lead in the Data and Systems Branch. Provides support to every test facility at Glenn Research Center (GRC) and Neil A. Armstrong Test Facility (ATF) for maintenance and installation of the COBRA data systems.
- Provide engineering analysis for special projects, future projects, and advance planning of new systems and capabilities of applicable agency programs and areas of concern and responsibility.
- Oversee installation and rollout of new agency-wide computer and/or software systems and serving as the Data Systems liaison between research, design, and operations.
- Manage inter-disciplinary information systems development, design, integration, and test activities in a broad scope of technologies.
- Plan and coordinate strategic development of computer engineering projects. Responsible for the planning and execution of data systems operations, maintenance, and sustainment.
- Analyze requirements, developing strategies, and implementing actions involving highly complex technical problems.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to determine project requirements and objectives including oversight of two contractors in the branch.
- Recognized as an expert authority in the computer engineering field, the incumbent develops, reviews, and provides recommendations for proposed project requirements, expected results, and budgetary estimates.
- Supporting maintenance and replacement of legacy data systems, and other various IT, security, and time code functions.
- Keeps the Contracting Officer informed on progress, proposed contract modifications, validity of claims, analysis of proposals, and assessment of contract time extensions.
- Manage significant elements or phases of projects related to major agency functions, programs, or projects involving highly complex technical problems, including those that apply to controversial or unusual integrated systems.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement.
- Position subject to a pre-employment drug test.
- This position may require the incumbent to successfully obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A