Website Ministry of Justice
As a new organisation HMCTS is embarking on a period of significant change. Strong leadership is a critical element in this being successful. Jobholders who have responsibility for managing staff will be required to provide clear direction and focus, visibly championing the changes which deliver greater efficiencies. The HMCTS Delivery Directors expects managers in the organisation to operate in a culture of openness and honesty, demonstrating a commitment to change through involvement and empowerment, and by delivering results.
- Deputise for the Delivery Manager as necessary.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of procedures and work practices and manage the implementation of new initiatives and legislation.
- Ensure the risk management system and standards are applied by all staff in line with HMCTS/MOJ policy.
- Ensure Governance and Assurance around the safe and secure receipt, accounting and transfer of both money and personal data.
- To provide written and verbal advice to queries from staff and HMCTS users.
- Contribute to the business plan, with particular focus on the team’s area of work.
- Lead a team of staff ensuring that its members are organised, and fully skilled to meet their work objectives. Effectively managing both team and individual performance, addressing any issues as they arise, in line with HR policy.
- Deal with any accommodation issues that arise and liaising with estates/ facilities and/or contractors as required.
- Identify staff potential and develop in line with business and individual needs.
- Lead the implementation of efficient and consistent administrative practices, procedures and standards, identifying and implementing solutions to identified problems.
- Monitor key performance areas, analysing performance trends and making recommendations for improvement to the Delivery Manager.
- Manage resources (including staff and facilities) to ensure excellent customer service to all stakeholders, judiciary and management.
- Contribute to the delivery of operational, performance and service standard targets.
- Alert others, as appropriate, to risks which are not capable of local resolution.
- Plan, co-ordinate and organise training and development for staff. Ensuring that learning & development needs of all staff, including inductees, are identified and met.
- Assign responsibilities for action and monitoring progress against plans.
- Provide statistical data for the management team and judiciary.
- Ensure that performance management and reward & recognition systems are utilised effectively throughout area of responsibility, ensuring consistent standards through benchmarking, and encouraging and rewarding good ideas and creativity.
- Monitor and proactively report on HMCTS assurance programme and contribute to ongoing development.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A