The post is based in the Centre for Philosophy of Natural and Social Science (CPNSS), which promotes research into philosophical, methodological and foundational questions concerning Science. The Research Officer will work in the project “Toward the Development of a Decision-Theoretic Framework for enhanced Cat Risk Management”, which is a collaboration between CPNSS, Maximum Information and reask.
The ideal candidate for this post will combine strong quantitative skills with an interest in the use of scientific modelling to support decision making and an enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary research team on both foundational and applied problems.
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with business audiences
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Training in a formal discipline such as mathematics or statistics
- A PhD close to completion by the post start date in a relevant discipline.
- The ability to understand and work with formal frameworks for decision-making
- Evidence of a methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- A commitment to working as part of a team, ensuring fulfilment of project goals
- The ability to come to grips with quantitative models
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A