The primary function of the Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is to oversee store programs through effective delegation and management of work, employees, time, and resources, including securing appropriate staff coverage and assisting in the recruitment/selection processes. This also includes overseeing the opening and closing procedures in the store, overseeing handling cash deposits and outflow for a multimillion dollar business, and ensuring store compliance with all safety procedures. Also responsible for increasing sales and maximizing profit margins through forecasting, sales reports, store promotions/programs, and managing inventory.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor s Degree in Business is preferred
- A strong customer service orientation and focus.
- Functional knowledge of retail merchandising, operations and retail management practices and procedures.
- Previous experience in the home improvement industry is advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years previous Retail Management experience in a big box environment, supervising large teams, including hiring and coaching of employees
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing big box retail environment.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching, counseling and developing associates in a retail environment.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Effective organizational, communication (written and oral) and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel & Outlook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A