As Legal Assistant you will provide secretarial, administrative and office management support to the members of the legal department who deal mainly with general commercial and corporate matters as well as intellectual property. In this full-time role you will report directly to the General Counsel & Company Secretary and you will be a member of a legal team of 11 people . You will also be a Business Assistant to the UKI Chairman and Corporate Affairs Director.
- To liaise with our external solicitors and the relevant internal departments to coordinate the gathering of evidence for any Litigation cases. To create new files and ensure all existing case filing is maintained;
- To provide PA support to the General Counsel, UKI Chairman and Corporate Affairs Director including but not limited to diary management, travel bookings, organising events, PowerPoint slides, raising PO’s and processing expenses ;
- To provide a full range of secretarial and administration services for the other members of the legal department including diary management and typing up notes as required;
- To negotiate renewals of subscriptions with external suppliers;
- To provide legal support to the legal team in its day to day business, including the preparation and drafting of legal letters and contracts, research on various topics and filing documents with Companies House;
- To answer and resolve queries accurately and promptly, in a courteous and confident manner. Take down and transmit clear and detailed messages to the team member concerned on the same day. To act as gate-keeper to ensure only relevant calls are put through;
- To arrange meetings, trainings, room bookings and catering as required. Ensure that IT and technical support are always functioning for all stakeholders;
- To put together presentations for various presentations/events using PowerPoint. Compile materials, charts and other relevant information.Demonstrate initiative, creative flair and attention to detail;
- As part of PA duties for senior leaders a high level of professionalism is required dealing with high level external and internal stakeholders and arranging meetings both virtually and in person for these individuals, setting up passes and greeting them when required;
- Drafting and amendments of contracts (standard appearance, track changes, compare and contrast, use of defined terms, parties description, signature block and schedules), and getting them ready for signing on DocuSign through Ironclad our contract automation platform
- Excellent attention to detail, high level of accuracy, methodological approach and strong in record management.
- Higher Professional Diploma in law (CILEX) qualification is not essential, but would be advantageous.
- Good numerical skills are essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills. Fluent spoken and written English;
- Advanced administrative skills, including advanced proficiency on Microsoft Office products – in particular Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint & Outlook;
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality in respect of information/documents/projects being produced/undertaken;
- Take initiative in resolving queries and able to deal with matters confidentially and efficiently;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, people oriented environment requiring interaction with teams at all levels;
- Experience as a Legal Executive/paralegal/ legal secretary / team assistant in a fast paced law firm or in-house legal team .
- Self-motivated, efficient and reliable with a flexible attitude. Ability to act with good judgement and common sense;
- A keen interest in law
- Legal degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience managing others diaries, calendars etc in a Business Assistant/PA remit
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency on Microsoft Office products – in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A