The Corporate Communications Manager is a key role within the UK and Ireland subsidiary of the L’Oréal Group. Based in the Corporate Affairs team, this role is responsible for building and enhancing corporate reputation, leading the day to day execution of media relations, and for the development of content for owned channels.
- Establish a best in class press office integrated across platforms and channels
- Formulate and own the development and execution of proactive corporate PR and campaigns
- Generate compelling UKI news stories for a wide range of corporate media, maximising a number of media channels and platforms.
- Develop corporate narrative and messaging for the Group, divisions and business units.
- Create engaging UKI specific content in-house for owned channels (website and Twitter, senior leader LinkedIn)
- Build and own relationships with key journalists, commentators and influencers to maintain the reputation of the organisation, ensuring that views are sought and recognised, driving favourable coverage and commentary
- Plan and implement a full programme of business leadership activities, work collaboratively with multiple teams, business units and senior leaders to identify external reputation building opportunities
- Act as a trusted advisor to business stakeholders identifying proactive reputation building opportunities and ensuring that they are appropriately supported and prepared for media activity and other external engagements.
- Leverage brand communications activities and divisional / functional activities to build corporate reputation.
- Support the Head of Corporate Communication on issues mapping and monitoring using internal tools and resources, to anticipate and plan for responses to emerging industry and corporate governance topics that could affect the reputation of the business.
- Support and deputise for the Head of Corporate Communications on issues and crisis management by working to prepare replie
- Established experience in corporate communications, ideally gained in a leading agency and/or in-house.
- A strong interest in current affairs and an ‘always on’ approach to media.
- Strong media network with a proven track record in directly securing top tier media coverage and creating proactive story opportunities through independent internal story mining.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills. Outstanding ability to develop engaging, audience-specific narrative, messaging and content across a range of subject areas, with speed and accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail, developing creative and accurate written, digital and face to face communications content.
- Proven track record in deploying messaging in the most effective way using an optimal mix of available channels on a limited budget. Experience analysing, recommending and introducing best practices to drive best in class external communication.
- Corporate content creation experience, knowledge of the Adobe creative suite preferred.
- Strong prioritisation skills, able to balance multiple projects at any one time.
- Ability to establish, exploit and influence effective networks at all levels – excellent relationship building skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A