In this role you’ll use data analytics solutions to drive innovation and enable the cyber threat management strategy. You’ll also develop and implement threat monitoring use cases, derived from appropriate threat intelligence sources and advanced data modelling techniques
- Provide advice and guidance around IT Cyber Security industry related best practice to Governance teams
- Provide technical guidance to peers and junior staff members.
- Assess and resolve issues in relation to functionality, integration and automation of in-scope toolsets
- Assess efficiency and effectiveness of threat monitoring rules by adapting to the changing threat landscape and technologies
- Produce clear and consistent technical documentation using standard templates.
- Produce and document appropriate detection, containment and response strategies in accordance to business requirements
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in any SIEM/SOAR toolset
- Experience with DevOps/BizOps pipelines, CI/CD – Ansible, Chef, Docker, Terraform, Python automation
- Ability to interpret hypotheses to deliver and deploy the resultant detective controls.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex messages to partners at all levels.
- Diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of security and operational requirements of commonly used operating systems
- Demonstrable systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Understanding of cloud designs and security deployment models
- Knowledge and deep understanding of other technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS).
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, VBA etc)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A