The Softlines Lead facilitates delivering an exceptional Member experience by engaging the Member and prioritizing the Member’s needs over task. Works with the entire Softlines team to maintain a Members First environment by maintaining merchandise standards, ensuring the sales floor is ready all day, processing apparel & soft home new receipts, maintaining price integrity, unit integrity & RFID, supporting Integrated Retail though pulling W2S orders in apparel & soft home to grow sales.
- Demonstrates expertise in the Member Engagement Process, and provides feedback and coaching to sales associates partnership with the supervsior or ASM, to ensure they understand the expected behaviors and demonstrate them in interactions with Members. Conveys clear expectations, and provides reinforcement through modeling the right behaviors and motivating associates performance.
- Performs opening and closing procedures as appropriate, consistent with current procedures. Follows appropriate cash handling processes, and assists the Store Manager in providing guidance on processes as needed.
- Assist Members to find the products they are looking for by walking them to the areas of the store and assist with merchandise selection.
- Assists in setting clear expectations for associates performance and behavior, provides ongoing observations and holds associates accountable for results. Accurately documents associate observations and conducts regular coaching sessions, in conjunction with store leadership. Ensures associates are up-to-date on selling techniques, product knowledge, training and appropriate use of integrated retail tools to provide a WOW
- Member experience. Assists associates in creating action plans for their development based on feedback from observations, store walks, Member interactions and other sources.
- Assists Store Leadership in ensuring that the sales floor is visually appealing, effectively merchandised and easy to shop. Partners to keep Softlines and Homes areas ready all day and night and ensuring the sales floor is easy to shop, in stock, clean, signed and organized for Members. Ensures the signing is correct on the sales floor and works with Store Leadership to coordinate correction as needed. Assists Store
- Leadership in ensuring that apparel and soft home adheres to applicable National Presentation Standards and current monthly sales plan.
- Basic Internet navigation skills
- Strong merchandising, and organizational skills
- Basic reading, arithmetic, and writing and excellent oral communication skills
- Demonstrated sales experience
- Ability to work independently and maintain personal productivity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A