Provide strategic legal counsel and partnership to facilitate critical digital, performance marketing, and technology initiatives, including negotiating contracts with key technology vendors. The role supports the Director of Legal, as the point person for the legal needs of KFC’s digital, technology, and performance marketing business partners.
- Responsible for establishing, communicating, and implementing contract processes and standards to business partners.
- Appropriately escalate high risk issues for review and discussion.
- Coordinate end to end contracting process for all non-digital technology-based agreements across internal functions
- Appropriately escalate high risk issues for review and discussion
- Develop expertise in relevant legal regimes, including data privacy laws and industry standards and intellectual property, in order to facilitate regulatory and internal compliance.
- Coordinate end to end contracting process for all performance marketing and digital contracts, including, SaaS, IP, technology license agreements, test agreements, etc.
- Ensure ongoing alignment with internal teams through regular 1×1 meetings, email communications, training/coaching, and measuring and sharing results
- Provide legal support for e-commerce and digital marketing initiatives such as loyalty, e-gift cards, etc.
- Ensure onboarding and training of new business partners, and reinforce with existing business partners, to help drive value, discipline and assist business partner understanding of risk management and mitigation involved in the contract negotiation process.
- Cross-collaborate with Yum and its Brands
- Review and make recommendations for negotiating Master Agreements, new SOWs, renewals, and amendments with current vendors and assist with onboarding of new vendors.
- Work on special projects to improve contracting process as required
- Cross-collaborate with Yum and other Brands
- Review and make recommendations for negotiating Master Agreements, new SOWs, renewals, and amendments with current vendors and assist with the onboarding of new vendors.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external teams at all levels
- Be proactive and anticipate needs based on rapidly changing situations
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and exceptionally organized
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A background in corporate transactional work and knowledge of commercial contracting principles
- Demonstrate leadership skills, including effective stakeholder management
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills; able to identify key issues and contribute to strategic decisions
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in large law firm or fast-paced corporate environment; contracts, technology and compliance experience a plus, but not required
- Education/Certifications – Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A