KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM.), is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who believed in doing things “the hard way,” because nothing ever got done right by cutting corners. Hard work, hospitality and integrity are still core to our brand today.
- Supports poultry commercialization initiatives, spec review supply chain initiatives as guided by FIT KFC Global Sr. Manager.
- Develop new poultry products to increase the KFC Core menu. i.e. new chicken fillet, chicken nuggets, 9pz cut within different weight ranges.
- Drives “Global Poultry Colleges” to drive quality improvements for KFC ingredients.
- Drives KFC Global Food Innovation and Technology as well as Yum! Food safety and Quality Assurance strategy, goals, and priorities.
- Support Marketing investor meetings and Marketing Planning Meetings (MPMs)
- Identifies opportunities for product/process improvements through root cause and trend analysis.
- Approve and validate chicken setpoints in new equipment.
- Drives follow-up and corrective action plans on all critical issues.
- Partner with Global Poultry Product Managers or FIT leaders around the world to meet current Poultry Brand Standard specifications.
- Develop a monitor & performance system to ensure compliance to specifications and Yum QA Programs by markets.
- Manages relationship with multiple poultry suppliers through the market counterparts.
- Ensures specifications comply with all FDA/USDA and local regulatory guidelines, manages specification updates ensuring all markets comply and meet product design requirements.
- Monitors raw material supply and demand trends to establish changes in Global specifications that can positively impact the business; assists development of contingency plans for such occurrences.
- Provides risk/benefit analysis of supplier partners and influences approved supplier decisions based on supplier performance against key metrics.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and exceptional reasoning skills
- Exceptional application of principle, practices, and procedures within area of specialization
- Demonstrated success in talent management and assessment
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects
- Willing to travel up to 70%
- Must be able to present material in a composed and self-assured manner
- Must be able to build alliances and be a team player
- Exceptional product management experience
- Must be able to anticipate and identify potential challenges and recommend course of action to resolve
- Must be able to execute projects within timelines and budgets
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and exceptional personal initiative
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 years food industry experience in poultry QA, Production, Processing and/or R&D minimum 3 years supervisory/management experience
- Education/Certifications – Bachelor of Science in Poultry Science, Food Science or related scientific field. M.S./PhD. Preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A