We are seeking an Electronics Packaging Delivery Lead, with a consistent track record of delivering electro-mechanical hardware, advising electronic packaging engineering design for manufacturability and electronic packaging for thermal and structural stress analyses. As a Packaging Delivery Lead (PDL) you will lead a team of engineers in creating “storyboards”, which map the electro-mechanical design concept for electronic subsystems for and not limited to power and instrument electronics subsystem. This technical lead will be a member of the Electronic Packaging Engineering group in the Electronic Manufacturing, Packaging, & Technical Services Section.
- Estimate cost, workforce, develop schedule, manage deliverables, manage the EFab and Design-to-Delivery (D2D), and report them to the project at the monthly management review and at the project reviews milestones.
- Responsible for electronic packaging design and analyses.
- Collaborate with engineers and QA to ensure packaging designs for manufacturability lesson learned is incorporated.
- Lead design teams in a collaborative environment to design, develop tools and support equipment for the project.
- Serve as Electronics Packaging Delivery Lead or Lead Packaging Engineer position on a JPL project.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop solutions to resolve discrepancies and escapes with hardware fabrication.
- Work independently, and under the direction of the group supervisor, project management and technical lead.
- Practical experience in advanced electronic packaging design of subsystems including mechanical, printed wiring board design and thermal and structural analysis.
- Experience in concepts and techniques in mechanical design, system packaging engineering design, ability to solve packaging engineering mechanical design problems, perform trade studies, develop design requirements, perform piece part design and coordinate fabrication, assembly, development, and qualification of hardware.
- Experience in mechanical engineering fields for the design, analysis and test of electro- mechanical system and subsystem, including materials and processes, manufacturing engineering, machine shop practices, interconnect design and electronic assembly/subsystem/system environmental test.
- Knowledge of Standards for Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Y14.5.
- Experience in delivering electronic flight hardware from design through fabrication, assembly and test.
- Experience in managing a complex combination of individuals with varying technical skills.
- Knowledge in industry standards in design, manufacturing and assembly of printed wiring boards.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A