We are seeking a software engineer to join our dedicated team of IT professionals in EBIS’ Project and Institutional Finance Information Services Section. You will have opportunities to innovate and apply technologies across a spectrum of industry standard methodologies in financials, project controls and contracts business domains. In this highly impactful, far-reaching role, we look for the candidate to demonstrate highly driven, collaborative and results-oriented behavior. Someone who is analytical, applies excellent judgement, and can multi-task.
- Elicit and capture relevant requirements and help users discover their real business needs. Conduct or participate in software feasibility and trade studies.
- Build use cases, generate user stories, test scripts and test plans.
- Design, setup, develop and test business software applications and interface solutions that will be delivered into JPL’s enterprise computing system environment according to JPL/EBIS software development standards.
- Coordinate and communicate system upgrades, new features and changes to users and business process owners.
- Keep our products up-to-date and relevant by proposing improvements as business needs evolve, or as new features become available.
- Participate in technologies evaluation and recommend solutions to optimize IT and business processes.
- Analyze and resolve technical/functional production issues.
- Provide direction and mentoring to others within the organization.
- Ability to communicate ideas, instructions, and requirements clearly and concisely; ability to tell a story.
- Experience building APIs and services using REST, etc.
- Is familiar with Oracle development toolsets such as jDeveloper, Report Developer, SQL*Loader, Alerts, XML/BI Publisher.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate requirements into business system solutions.
- Ability to build prototypes and mockups.
- Understanding of software development methodologies including waterfall and agile/scrum.
- A self-starter with the ability to think creatively and to work well as part of a diverse team and as an individual contributor.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue-tracking systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Word.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with search technologies like Elastic or Oracle Text etc.
- Typically have a Bachelor degree in Computer Information systems, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 9 years or a Master degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Familiarity of continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Familiarity with basic toolsets that support development, such as Jira and GitHub.
- Familiarity with data security methods and safe guarding different classification of information, both in place and in transit.
- Experience with SaaS ERP applications like Oracle Cloud, Workday etc.
- Experience with system design, configuration/module setup with Oracle R12.x Financials and/or Project Costing.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Frenso, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A