JPL’s Spacecraft Mechanical Engineering Section (352) is seeking an experienced and motivated Business Administrator II. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organization that leads the development of mission enabling technology and end-to-end mechanical systems for all JPL spacecraft projects and missions!
- Preparing monthly and/or quarterly scheduled and ad-hoc financial analyses, reports and data as requested by management for strategic planning, performance reporting and forecasting.
- Coordinating monthly and quarterly reporting activities across the Division.
- Having broad general knowledge of safety, environmental, property and facility-related business operations in the Division.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Assisting with the acquisitions process using various software and purchasing methods: iProcurement, Oracle
- Acquisitioning (POs, PSs); sole source documentation, and ServiceNow (ManTech)
- Developing automated reports, dashboards, and business metrics.
- Assisting the Business Manager with a variety of activities including budget development and financial planning, analysis, and reporting oversight, workforce analysis, rewards and recognition, facilities, safety, and property management.
- Ability to present complex findings in a clear, concise manner using graphics, tables and high-level summarization – both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills able to resolve highly complex issues independently.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- Ability to use tact and discretion when working with critical or confidential data.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.).
- Broad understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Business
- Administration, Financial Planning, Workforce Administration, Safety and Facility Management.
- Strong professional characteristics: trustworthy, responsible, hardworking, intellectually curious individual who takes initiative and ownership of work.
- A successful history of establishing trust with customers and working as a strong, collaborative business partner.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and be able to optimally lead teams of both business and technical groups.
- Wide-ranging experience and sophisticated knowledge in one or more of the following: budgeting, financial analysis, reporting, human resources, workforce planning, safety, property, and facility management.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the use of budgeting and reporting tools including Institutional Budgeting Tool (IBT), PowerBI, Discoverer, COPA, OBIEE etc.
- Detailed knowledge of ESD organizational operations, applicable Laboratory and NASA policies and procedures, as well as government regulations.
- Significant exposure to JPL’s Institutional business processes and architecture, JPL’s Project Resource List, and Institutional Workforce Forecasting Tool.
- Solid understanding of direct project support.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A