Website Government of Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- A career as a Payment Services Officer (PSO) presents an exciting and challenging opportunity to use your excellent client service skills to make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
- We contact clients by phone and use various computer systems to maintain your workload.
- Our work has the added challenge of production and quality targets to encourage our success while maintaining service standards to Canadians.
- As a PSO, you will help clients to understand program-specific legislation, procedures and the processes required to receive services and/or benefits.
- You will use your excellent client service and problem solving skills to gather information and analyze claims for benefits.
- Extensive training and development opportunities will allow you to acquire a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of Service Canada’s programs and services.
- Working conditions require adapting to change, dealing with stress, and dealing with difficult conversations.
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Core Public Administration.
- A Secondary School Diploma refers to a High School Diploma.
- Willing and able to travel for training purposes.
- Candidates with foreign educational credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. You may consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials at www.cicic.ca for further information.
- Experience in delivering programs or services including obtaining or providing information.
- Secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Equivalencies granted by provincial and/or territorial authorities (e.g. – General Education Development (GED), Adult Basic Education (ABE) which is a secondary school equivalent), will be accepted.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A