Website Government of Canada
Our Internships are designed to be meaningful work experiences allowing students to gain significant skills, learn and grow in their field of their interest.
- Processes the Information Centre’s digitization activities, liaises with the digitization supplier, manages the delivery and receipt of items and ensures that digitization activities meet established industry standards.
- Houses historical material related to research and data. Supports and maintains storage and access to electronic and print information holdings in the collection.
- Supports business lines with the Information Centre’s services and resources.
- Supports the modernization plan by ensuring electronic and digitized materials are properly catalogued and added to the information database system.
- Experience can be acquired through the studies, work experience or volunteer activities.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is considered an asset
- Previous work experience with Sirsidynix is considered an asset
- Good judgment, excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a University degree in a related discipline such as in Library Technician or a related discipline.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience in document management, digitization, or other library clerk role.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A