Website Government of Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Living accommodations are not provided.
- Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
- We are currently seeking hardworking team members to join the Visitor Experience team, and work to help guests discover the natural treasures protected and presented by Parks Canada.
- Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse serve thousands of people a year and our OTENTiks are a special way visitors can experience this unique site.
- We take pride in offering clean facilities for our visitors!
Visitor Facilities Attendant Duties: Cleans and maintains area buildings, facilities and grounds.
- This includes but is not limited to the daily cleaning of; OTENTiks tent, overnight use area and other facilities.
- You will be required to cover all travel expenses to and from the location of work.
- Demonstrates integrity
- Concern for Safety – Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others (Makes recommendations to optimize a safe and healthy environment)
- Effective Interpersonal Relationships / Personally connects with others
- Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication (oral).
- Problem Solving– Identifying problems and the solutions to them (Solves basic problems)
- Exercises sound judgment
- Client Focus – Providing service excellence to internal and/or external client (Provides added value) including third party stakeholders
Demonstrates attention to detail
- Be exposed to minor injury when performing cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Stand, bend, stretch and work from ladders.
- Travel to various outdoor sites with exposure to weather elements.
- Be exposed to noxious odours from cleaning products.
- Work/ travel in varied terrain and weather conditions.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, weekends, overtime, evenings and statutory and provincial/territorial holidays to meet program delivery requirements.
- Occasionally demonstrate tasks to others.
- Lift supplies, tools and equipment such as buckets and large bags of garbage.
- Wear a Parks Canada uniform and personal protective equipment, and abide by the uniform policy.
- Be exposed to stress when responding to fluctuating, unpredictable priorities.
- Conduct repetitive tasks.
- Pick up litter and trash.
- Perform certain physical tasks as per job requirements (e.g. lifting up to 20 kg).
- Dust and wash walls and windows.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colwood, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A