Website Alberta Health Services
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you are part of an interprofessional health care team utilizing nursing processes, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills. You will be guided by your education, experience, demonstrated skill level and AHS policies and procedures. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Slave Lake is a small town in northern Alberta, Canada, about 255 km (124.3 mi) northwest of Edmonton and a similar distance southwest of Fort McMurray.
- It is located on the southeast shore of Lesser Slave Lake, at the junction of Highway 2 and Highway 88, in the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River No. 124. Life in the Slave Lake Region is exciting! With all of the summer and winter activities and annual events the region has something for everyone.
- Indoor recreation facilities located throughout the region boast numerous activities for all to enjoy year round. “Going to the Lake” takes on a whole new meaning when visiting Alberta’s largest automobile-accessible lake over 1,150 square kilometers! Enjoy paddle boarding, boating, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, water skiing, or just relax at the beach. Come for the adventure.
- Stay for the lifestyle.
- Gather with family and friends for the many exciting events hosted annually within the region.
- Enjoy the annual Show n’ Shine Car show, Riverboat Daze, Easter Family Egg-stravaganza, Relay-for-Life, Spooktacular Halloween Party, and various Christmas Charity events to name a few.
- There is something for everyone almost every weekend in The Slave Lake Region. In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000.
- This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Willingness to complete Registered Perioperative Nursing course within 12 months of starting position.
- Completion of CTAS with current triaging experience.
- Please note, this facility provides Long Term Care (LTC) or Designated Supportive Living (DSL) services and by Order of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, many AHS employees are restricted to work only at a single LTC/DSL site for the remainder of the pandemic. Speak to the hiring manager who will confirm if, as the successful candidate in this position, you will be restricted to work at only one LTC/DLS site in Alberta.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Slave Lake, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A