Website Alberta Health Services
The Director will provide leadership and strategic direction within Connect Care’s training program and will need advanced clinical experience and exceptional communication skills to understand the diverse needs of the various stakeholders. The Director will be responsible for provide leadership and strategic direction associated with clinical informatics including assessing and defining high-impact reports and measures and working with the clinical communities to encourage Connect Care’s adoption and use for improved clinical outcomes. It is critical that the Director have the ability to deal with and resolve politically sensitive issues, which may result in high impact to the organization. This role requires someone with superlative clinical informatics knowledge and experience, strong leadership and communication skills. Connect Care’s requirements span the organization, as well as a number of external stakeholders, including academic institutions, physician and other clinician groups, associations such as the Alberta Medical Association, College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years curriculum development and delivery or leadership experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible roles in health informatics.
- A minimum of 10 years of direct experience in clinical roles in the provision of healthcare or a strong working knowledge and intimate understanding of healthcare delivery.
- Membership in good standing with appropriate professional organization (i.e., CARNA, ACOT, etc.) Working knowledge of the Alberta Health Services and the CI function.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of clinical practice and workflows along with Alberta Health Services as an organization.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive responsibility in leading organizational change for programs or organizations of significant size and complexity, including management and leadership experience.
- Significant experience in the application of change tools and methodologies.
- Certifications related to management, leadership, and change management (PROSCI certified).
- Good working knowledge of clinical services, information technology and AHS systems.
- Strong leadership skills as characterized by recent and relevant references.
- Proven project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project plan).
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to actively and positively participate and negotiate solutions to resolve conflicts that arise during implementation.
- Ability to lead other IT and clinical operations staff through complex discussions and negotiate solutions.
- Detail oriented and knack for probing for information in order to fully understand the underlying needs that drive how the system should be built.
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually to build and maintain positive working relationships with vendor staff and external consultants will be key success factors in this role.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet project deadlines are essential.
- Must have working knowledge of basic systems principles, theories and concepts and of the healthcare business.
- Experience mentoring and supporting junior staff.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development. Self-motivated with little supervision.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A