Website Alberta Health Services
As an Instructor, you will be an expert practitioner and key educator in support of both nursing staff and the multi-disciplinary clinical team. You will take a leadership role in the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of education for nursing staff including orientation, compulsory and continuing education, and clinical development. You will collaborate with management and internal partners to promote standards of clinical, educational and evidence informed practice. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- RN. Canadian Nursing Association (CNA) Certification in Critical Care.
- Preferred CNA certification in Critical Care Pediatric and/or Neonatal. Master of Nursing or Education or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Critical Care Instructor or Clinical Nurse Educator role. Wide scope of experience in clinical education including education development, delivery, and coordination, as well as mentorship of learners and other educators. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge in critical care including hemodynamic principles, ECG interpretation, mechanical ventilation, patient and family centered care, delirium, and sepsis.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A