Website Alberta Health Services
As an Administrative Support III, you will require advanced administrative or specialized skills and knowledge to support complex procedures, practices and initiatives within a department or program.
- High school diploma. Medical Office Assistant Certificate, Hospital Unit Clerk Certificate, Health Information Office Assistant Medical terminology certificate 1-3 years’ experience working in a medical office.
- Keyboarding skills with a minimum typing speed of 45 wpm.
- A medical terminology test and typing test will be administered.
- Experience with terminal digit filing system is preferred.
- English language skills in reading, writing and comprehension and effective oral and written communication required.
- Fundamental understanding of privacy, access and disclosure practices in relation to health information as well as good working knowledge of confidentiality processes required.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of MS programs including MS word and Excel in a window based environment.
- Ability to concentrate on detail for extended periods of time and with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet established turnaround times.
- Hospital experience within an HIM setting considered an asset.
- Health Information Act or privacy and confidentiality courses considered an asset.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A