This position will be of interest to individuals who are able to translate from one or more foreign languages identified below into French or English and who are able to work effectively as part of a team. As a Foreign Language Communications Analyst, you will read or listen to foreign language material, determine its relevance and importance as well as produce translations and draft reports based on the intelligence value in the material.
- Under the direction of a Team Leader, you will be responsible for assessing, identifying oral and written communications and provide advice to management.
- This requires the ability to conduct extensive research and analysis on various subjects and be able to draw on your understanding of the culture concerned.
- As such, a keen interest in intelligence and politics is a must.
- Furthermore, the incumbent must be at ease working with computer systems and using social media.
- Experience in working in a team environment.
- Master, at a specialized level**, one of the languages listed above.
- Experience in the use of computer applications, tools, and communications / social media apps.
- Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance.
- The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
- The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process.
- Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
- Experience with computer systems.
- Candidates must successfully complete the Foreign Language Communications Analyst Training Course in Ottawa.
- Foreign Language Communications Analyst are subject to one (1) year probationary period.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A