The Principal Solutions Architect is a dynamic and cross-functional role. As a member of the Solutions Architect community, you will work directly with Business Development, Product, and Engineering, and the auto OEM as a subject matter expert on new products, services and features to help shape their development for product-market fit, support our sales efforts to drive adoption, and make sure projects get delivered on time and in scope by assisting and unblocking partners as needed.
The ideal candidate will have launched multiple, high-profile automotive or embedded products, have demonstrated the ability to lead highly complex projects from inception through delivery, and demonstrated success partnering with or managing external organizations.
Ideally, you will also have hands-on experience in the automotive infotainment and connected vehicle space and have a keen understanding of our auto OEM customers and the automotive market. You must possess a combination of creativity, technical skills and business acumen which will allow you to identify and develop new business opportunities. You must be able to establish credibility with auto OEM technical stakeholders at all levels to the CTO to influence their technical direction. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to bring new pioneering solutions to challenging problems to market, we want to talk to you.
- Educate partners on Alexa and other Auto products by building new technical sales material, demonstrators (PoCs) and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Coordinate, manage and report activities across a variety of internal teams, up to Amazon executive levels, to plan and lead the execution of integrations; develop tools and processes that streamline integration where necessary
- Engage with internal product, engineering, and business development teams and with automotive partners’ developers, architects, hardware engineers and managers to influence the product-market fit, bridge gaps in understanding, and define the end product solution that auto OEMs will integrate into their vehicles.
- Work proactively to resolve technical issues for partners, spending time on-site as needed helping them integrate Amazon products and services
- Work with the product and engineering teams to define and shape requirements for new products and features, plan integrations, and ideate on ways to simplify and scale the implementation process over time.
- Develop strategic relationships with our automotive partners and understand their important business drivers
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in the automotive industry with full understanding of in-vehicle-infotainment (IVI) system architectures and connected vehicle services development
- Experience with speech-related technologies in the voice processing, portable device or personal digital assistant industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Experience with vertical-specific products, leading brands, customer value propositions and product evolution
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to root-cause problems and quickly develop actionable and appropriate plans
- Previous experience developing software targeting Android, QNX or embedded Linux
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with senior management both internally and externally
- Multiple years of experience in the design and development of complex embedded or mobile solutions
- Bias for action, and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization; demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Able to work in a diverse team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A