In this position, you will dig deep into the workflows and data stores of each of Amazon’s businesses. You must be able to understand and navigate complex business processes and technologies. You should be comfortable interacting with software development engineers, accounting, business owners, external payment partners, and senior leadership. You will have the opportunity to learn all of our internal businesses and work with a wide range of stakeholders. We value personality, an ability to navigate ambiguity, keen insight, and sound business judgement.
- Provide financial operations support for accounting and lines of business in order to complete reconciliation of financial accounts.
- Work with product management, technology management, and accounting to research issues, and implement process improvements.
- Work with developers, business and accounting staff to resolve open issues, identify processes improvements and track progress to completion.
- Identify operational gaps in new offerings and set operational requirements for new projects.
- Provide user operational support and respond to data and research queries from management team.
- Partner with internal teams to support new payments products or functionality post launch.
- Track open issues and research requests, providing regular status to management.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence others
- Strong overall business acumen
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Maintains composure in the face of highly ambiguous environments and constant change
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Is data driven and sets clear, measurable quality goals
- Background in accounting, finance, or the payments industry
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Proven ability to identify and resolve data inconsistencies
- Ability to present information and analysis clearly and concisely
- Experience driving small to medium sized cross functional projects
- SQL Intermediate to Advanced
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Is innovative, can simplify, and have relentlessly high standards
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple layers of complexity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A