Website Internal Revenue Service
Click on “Learn more about this agency” button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Participates in conference calls and meetings to provide input on procedures and techniques to improve baseline measures and employee organizational efficiency for assigned functions and other EAR sites.
- Provides input on program procedures and techniques to improve baseline measures and employee organizational efficiency for assigned functions.
- Assists employees and managers in resolving both routine and complex employee account issues/problems initiated by the individual, management or discovered by the EAR by providing technical information on a wide range of personnel/payroll issues. Advises customer and office personnel as to future action necessary to ensure accurate employee account information in all databases, i.e., HR Connect, Totally Automated Personnel System (TAPS) and National Finance Center (NFC) corrections.
- Analyzes, perfects and approves non-competitive Personnel Action Requests (PARs) including determining complex and basic qualifications and pay setting, and resolving back pay cases due to administrative oversight and/or grievance settlements.
- Researches and resolves differences between the various personnel databases. Initiates corrective action and monitors the database and progress of proposed corrective action.
- Provides analytical assistance to identify actual and/or potential problems and recommend solutions, i.e., initiating detailed referrals to a Subject Matter Expert.
- Monitors noncompetitive actions that interface among HR Connect, TAPS and NFC and identifies issues that prevent the interface process.
- Develops, analyzes and evaluates information involving the research of records and the nature of each inquiry including the way it was presented in order to inform and advise, answer inquiries or resolve problems related to the unique circumstances of each individual.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Relocation expenses: Will not be Paid
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that will require two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A