The purpose of an IKEA carpenter is to support the Communication & Interior Design team in presenting the range in an inspiring way and securing high quality carpentry and paintwork throughout the store in a simple, safe and cost- and time-effective way.
- Manufacturing bespoke display e.g. podiums, walls from technical drawings
- Wall finishes – painting, wallpaper and tiling.
- Floor finishes – laminate, hardwood, vinyl and tiles
- Skirting and Architraves
- Kitchen installations to a high showroom standard.
- You must be qualified to a City & Guilds or equivalent NVQ Level 2
- You are highly motivated, self-driven and passionate with the ability to prioritise workload to support the needs of the business
- Excellent time management is essential as you will be required to complete tasks in line with the department goals
- Highest of quality, attention to detail and pride in work in all areas of responsibility
- Highly competent with the operation of various workshop machinery, both fixed and handheld tools
- Energetic, positive and a helpful attitude
- Works well as an individual and part of a team
- A support to the Communication and Interior Design team to create solutions that exceed customers’ expectations with carpentry knowledge/skills and problem solving.
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to read technical plans supplied by team members (CAD/ REVIT) to build bespoke carpentry.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A