HSBC UK Bank plc (“HSBC UK”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc and the UK ring-fenced bank formed to satisfy the Banking Reform Act 2016. It is dual-regulated by the FCA and PRA and has 26 subsidiaries and associated entities.
The Corporate Governance and Company Secretarial global function (of c.240 FTEs) is led by the Group Company Secretary and Chief Governance Officer who reports directly to the Group Chairman. The HSBC UK Corporate Governance and Company Secretarial team (a total team of 8) is led by the HSBC UK Company Secretary and supports HSBC UK and its subsidiaries in all aspects of corporate governance.
- Assisting with CG&S interim and annual financial reporting processes and procedures, including supporting the drafting of CG&S disclosures;
- Supporting on board appointments, inductions, onboarding, training and CPD records, enhanced vetting and other associated activities for non-executive directors;
- Assisting with drafting, compliance and support in relation to delegations of authorities;
- Providing broad corporate governance guidance and support to HSBC UK, its subsidiaries, directors and executive management, and supporting respective governance meetings;
- Being the appointed company secretary to a number of subsidiary entities, undertaking all statutory compliance activities, Companies House filings and entity management on Englobe;
- Maintaining the Board conflicts of interest register and monitoring compliance;
- Assisting with risk, operations and internal control requirements for HSBC UK CG&S.
- Strong inter-personal, organisational, process management, verbal and written skills;
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and work well with all levels of management.
- Be a qualified company secretary or lawyer with a demonstrable experience;
- Strong knowledge of UK corporate governance principles;
Qualification & Experience:
- Financial services / UK regulatory experience is desirable but not essential;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A