Website Honor Health
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
Management of security personnel across HonorHealth Campus Locations. Manages, coordinates, trains, and evaluates security officers, security supervisors, and any related security staff. Manages the campus to ensure safety and security of staff, patients, and visitors, and the protection of company property. Collaborates with security leadership team to plan, implement, and manage training and investigative programs for the HonorHealth Network. Serves as a training leader and performs the more complex security investigations or details as assigned. Some activities can involve elements of danger or risk of injury. Receives direction and implements security programs under the guidance of senior leadership. Initiates recommendations for changes in classifications, salary actions, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination. May settle employee problems and administer appropriate disciplinary action.
- Manages master key system, including preparing logs and issuing keys and badges.
- Manages all security operations, security supervisors, and security staff at the HonorHealth Campus level including preparation, development, and submission of operating and capital budgets for Security and continually monitors variances against budgets. Interviews and recommends hiring of security supervisors and personnel. Manages training programs for current officers and new hires. Establishes and revises work assignments and work schedules. Initiates recommendations for changes in classification, salary action, promotion, and disciplinary actions to include demotion, transfer and/or termination in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures. Mediates and resolves conflicts among staff members. Coaches supervisors and staff by developing and presenting training on techniques to better communicate, collaborate and organize workload activities, and instills cooperation among team members. Represents HonorHealth as a brand ambassador.
- Manages response of security supervisors and personnel to disturbances/emergencies such as infant abduction alarms, fire alarms, panic alarms, intruder alarms, and restraint calls anywhere in hospital or on hospital grounds. Must manage response to urgent security calls, which may require rapid stair climbing, running/sprinting, moving heavy equipment and other associated tasks. In the event of emergencies, must take charge of campus to maintain order, safety, and to protect persons and property. Some activities can involve interacting with and controlling hostile, belligerent, aggressive individuals involving some element of danger or risk of injury by subduing, aggressive, combative, resisting, and distressed individuals in the application of appropriate restraint equipment to prevent injury to individual or others. Contacts and collaborates with proper authorities and/or agencies as needed.
- Manages security investigations and inspections. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations. Documents and recommends corrective action and/or preventive measures when problems are identified. Documents KPI’s and/or related performance measures for security programs and the HonorHealth Network. Monitors incident reports to establish possible trends or problem areas and drafts and initiates related security management plans. Oversees and maintains procedures for lost and found items and patient valuables and vehicle parking/traffic control.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4 years Management Experience in Security or Law Enforcement Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years’ work related experience Required
- Driver License Required
Company: Honor Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A