Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Securing Travel, Protecting People – At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America’s transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
As an Administrative Assistant for Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), you will:
- Develop charts and tables for reports and briefings.
- Certify time-cards and corrections each pay period and conducting random audits.
- Interact with internal staff, typically in more than one organizational unit, to share information or discuss status of tasks/assignments.
- Support the work of other employees and will contribute to the overall activities of the organization.
- Act as a point-of-contact for the National Finance Center (NFC) to resolve employee payroll issues.
- Collect and organize materials from several sources to support work projects.
- Provide support to a Federal Security Director (FSD) and their staff by providing a range of routine administrative support assignments.
- Answer requests from and provide advice to employees, supervisors, timekeepers, financial management specialists, and human resource specialists on rules, regulations, and procedures relating to pay.
- Conduct the word processing of documents, letters, memos and reports.
- Train staff to enter time-card data and assist timekeepers with difficult time and attendance issues.
- Work closely with the Human Resource Specialist on pay-impacting personnel actions (e.g., return to duty, leave without pay, and change of work schedules).
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Information Investigation (BI).
- Selective Service registration is required.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A