Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
PKEMRA established the Surge Capacity Force (SCF) program to deploy federal employees in the aftermath of a major incident to support response and recovery efforts managed by FEMA. The Act enables federal employees who work every day in the service of the United States to extend their support to a culture of preparedness and volunteerism throughout the Federal Government family.
Members may respond to natural and man-made disasters, acts of terrorism, and other major incidents. Working in a variety of FEMA program areas depending on operational requirements such as Individual Assistance, Disaster Survivor Assistance, External Affairs, IT, Logistics, National Disaster Recovery Support, Equal Rights, Planning, among others.
- Full-time federal employee from any federal agency
- Grade GS-15 and below
- Have a valid federal government identification badge compliant with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD)-12 requirements from your Agency
- Have a valid Government-issued travel card
- Successful completion of your agency’s anti-harassment training within the last 365 days
- Obtain supervisor approval
- Successful completion of the following required online Independent Study courses and exams through the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) (https://training.fema.gov/is/):
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment. DHS 250-2 Application Form under “required documents” section.
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must have achieved a minimum of “meet expectations/proficiency” on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A