Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Securing Travel, Protecting People – At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America’s transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
As a Lead Transportation Security Officer (LTSO) within Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), you will be responsible for leading at least three full-performance level Transportation Security Officers (TSOs), and as assigned, trainee and apprentice level TSOs. As an LTSO, you will identify, distribute, and balance workloads and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow and skill level. You will make adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing input to supervisors and managers concerning a variety of human resources matters including, but not limited to, employee performance, promotions, reassignments, awards, etc.
- Implementing security screening procedures in accordance with TSA objectives and directives.
- Assisting with investigations of incidents, and preparing incident reports or other documents that convey required information.
- Responding to breaches of security and emergency situations.
- Training team members, monitoring and reporting on the status and progress of work, and representing the team in communications with the supervisor or manager for the purpose of obtaining resources (e.g., computer hardware and software, etc.).
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening AND random drug/alcohol testing.
- You must have reached the minimum age (18) at the time of application.
- Selective Service registration is required.
- See additional “Conditions of Employment” and “Other Information” sections.
- You must be able to efficiently and thoroughly manipulate and lift baggage, containers, and other objects subject to security processing;
- You must be able to repeatedly lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds;
- You must be able to maintain physical agility that would allow you to squat, bend, and lean to inspect individuals and baggage/cargo;
- You must be able to maintain the ability to walk up to two miles during a shift and stand for prolonged periods (e.g., 3-4 hours) of time;
- You must be able to maintain a measured threshold for sight:
- Distance vision correctable to 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in worst eye. Near vision correctable to 20/40 or better Snellen binocular;
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A