Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, Baltimore Field Office as a Student Trainee – Administrative (Automation) will allow you to perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the organization’s office staff. The Student Trainee – Administrative (Automation) position starts at $24,216 base salary (GS-3, step 1) with promotion potential to $39,540 base salary (GS-5, step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
The selectee will serve as a Student Trainee – Administrative (Automation) in the Office of Investigations, Baltimore Field Office. Typical work assignments include:
- Supporting senior level staff with program goals and activities to gain practical work experience that supplements training in academic course of study.
- Performing administrative/operational duties including, but not limited to researching, locating and gathering information which specifically identified material from various sources for the use of the staff.
- Checking reports and other documents for correctness and appropriate format; verifying discrepancies with the appropriate office(s) and/or stakeholders.
- Assisting senior level employees in evaluating assigned program goals; conducting follow-up actions to ensure timely receipt of responses; assembling data; and providing general information.
- Obtain and maintain a Top Secret Tier 5 clearance. For more information visit OPM Mythbuster Page.
- Must have cumulative grade point average of 2.5 high school/undergraduate; or 3.0 graduate at time of application and throughout internship appointment.
- Must be at least 16 years or older.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Upon on-boarding, you must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A