We’re looking for strong business acumen and strategic thinking, as well as a deep understanding of risk and control to influence and contribute at senior forums. Curiosity, drive, proactivity and commerciality are core behaviours needed for the role. We are seeking an individual who can approach assurance opportunities with a fast-paced and ambitious mindset, influence decision-making at all levels and across all lines of defence to get the right result for the business. The successful candidate must be a keen people leader and manage with a high degree of empathy. Finally, we are seeking an individual who is comfortable working in situations of ambiguity and brings agility, creativity and an ability to think on their feet and who is enthusiastic, willing to learn and get stuck in. If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Take ownership for fulfilling business plans for a significant functional business area by optimally leading a large team.
- Manage relationships with key internal customers and act as their business partner, while typically using support teams to ensure client happiness.
- Set longer term objectives and take responsibility for implementing and coordinating performance management systems for a meaningful department within the organisation.
- Make authoritative technical and/or professional recommendations that have a significant short-term and long-term impact on the business.
- Take ownership for implementing formal development frameworks for a substantial department, while informally coaching and mentoring others throughout the organisation and investing in own personal development.
- Develop functional or operational policies and participates in developing policy frameworks for area of responsibility or department, crafting underlying procedures and monitoring their implementation within the organisation.
- Lead the development and/or operation of aspects of the internal communications system with guidance.
- Manage the delivery of a major part of the organisation’s project management programme, while taking personal responsibility for a few business critical projects.
- Provide input into the development of compliance policies, develop underlying procedures and supervise their implementation.
- Develop innovative solutions by integrating and analysing complex and diverse information sources.
- Awareness of Retail Banking industry and product lines and the ability to apply this knowledge to take a ‘big picture’ view of a situation, weighing information in context to make quick, logical, sound decisions
- Strategic Mind-set which sees future possibilities and can translate them into breakthrough strategies with the ability to distinguish between tactical and strategic solutions
- Deep understanding of Risk to provide assurance that the business identifies, assesses, prioritises, and manages risks effectively
- Commercial acumen when evaluating business decisions with an understanding of how decisions and actions impact the wider organisation
- Influencing in challenging circumstances and can use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Strong Leadership with the ability to lead an audit team who work together to achieve a common goal and who achieve extraordinary results.
- The leader provides a vision, strategy and goals and focus the team’s efforts through modelling excellence, using open and honest communication, providing support, understanding the expertise within the team and celebrating success
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A