Website Government of Canada
The Royal Canadian Mint is hiring an IT Office Assistant who can thrive in a dynamic and inclusive environment. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, Information Technology, the IT Office Assistant is responsible for providing assistance and support to larger, broader functions that are led by others within the unit. They respond to priorities set by other positions, relying upon knowledge of work routines and methods to ensure delivery of services and support as required.
- Manage and track security clearance applications for IT Contractors through the PSO process and communicate to hiring Manager
- Support the CIO and Office of the CIO/ IT PMO with daily coordination and communication activities
- Provides functional support and coordination of activities at an operational level.
- Works towards objectives set by others, relying upon knowledge of systematic procedures that guide thinking.
- Provide support, including agenda’s and presentation support for all regular IT meetings such as IT Directors meeting, IT Coffee Chat’s and IT Leadership meetings, as well as IT Townhall presentation
- Works within prescribed work routines and methods, liaising with others as directed to meet specific objectives.
- Bilingual (English and French) – to be determined as per the Official Languages Act
- College diploma or certificate in related area or a combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered
- Highly organized individual with ability to plan for meetings, milestones and deliverables throughout the year
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years of related business experience
- Ability to assist with organization, communication and coordination in a very high paced environment
- High level skills in Excel, Power point, Outlook and other Office tools
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A