Website Government of Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- conducting oversight (inspections) of security regulations for aviation security (this is the majority of the work performed);
- contributing to the development of security regulations for aviation security;
- assessing security plans; and
- taking action and working with partners in the event of threats.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Showing initiative and being action oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to comprehend and apply legislation
- Ability and willingness to work on standby duties on a 24/7 basis, once fully delegated (after approximately 2 years of employment). Standby is of one week duration, approximately once every 8-10 weeks.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and/or irregular hours on short notice, approximately 5 times per year, depending on inspection schedule and frequency of incidents.
- Working effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Thinking things though
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in conducting regulatory investigations or enforcement activities.
- English essential
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally by various modes of transport.
- Frequency of travel is approximately 5 times per year within the Atlantic Region and once per year to Ottawa or another region in Canada.
- During the first year of employment, travel is more frequent (approximately 5 times) to Ottawa or another region to receive mandatory training. International travel is rare but possible.
- Experience in conducting regulatory or policy-based inspections or audits.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, CA
Application Deadline: N/A