Website Government of Canada
We are looking for someone with interest in personnel certification. The ideal candidate is open to learning from others in the field, has critical thinking and analysis skills, strong written and oral communication skills, is a team player and demonstrates initiative and self-management abilities.
- The Personnel Certification Division (PCD) supports the CNSC’s mission and mandate by providing regulatory leadership and expertise in the examination and certification of persons to ensure that certified personnel are qualified to carry out the duties of their employment.
- PCD is responsible for the certification of Exposure Device Operators (EDO) and Class IA nuclear facility staff.
- The main role of the PCD Examination and Certification Officers (ECOs) is to evaluate applications for initial certification or the renewal of a certification against the relevant regulatory requirements.
- They make a recommendation to the Designated Officer who then decides whether or not to certify the applicant.
- Providing analytical support for the assessment of requests for certification and renewal of certification
- Knowledge of the Nuclear Safety and Control Act, supporting Regulations and Regulatory Documents;
- Basic knowledge of personnel certification programs
- Communicating with CNSC stakeholders or with the public,
- Managing and/or assisting with small-scope projects
- Drafting recommendations, reports, and other documentation
- Analyzing issues and recommending changes to policies, processes and procedures.
- Technical assessment of licensee submissions or requests for certification, and
- Collaborating in the development and updates of PCD’s processes and regulatory framework
- Assisting in the design and implementation of compliance verification activities
- Project management principles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience communicating with CNSC stakeholders or with the public;
- Experience analyzing issues and recommending changes to policies, processes and procedures
- Experience in the technical assessment of licensee submissions or of requests for certification; and
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leima Building, Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A